Oral Hygiene Habits
Nearly 50% of children will have at least one cavity by age 5.
Good Oral Hygiene
Good oral hygiene will keep your teeth free from plaque build up, will stave off cavities and will fight bad breath. Good oral hygiene habits should consist of:
- Regularly flossing and brushing your teeth
- Eating good healthy diet which is low in sugary-foods
- and regularly visiting the dentist every 6 months.
Daily Oral Hygiene Habits
Daily oral hygiene habits will help prevent any dental problems and issues from developing or from getting too serious. Daily hygiene practices and habits are far less painful and much cheaper than having to treat dental issues after they develop.
- To promote strong and healthy teeth you should have a daily diet that is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Fluoride and Calcium. Simple starch and sugary foods are usually a banquet-feast for oral bacteria.
- Regularly flossing your teeth is another great defense against the gum diseases, and it will also fight decay and cavities.
- Brushing your teeth daily is key since it will remove any stray food particles, clean and massage your gums, get rid of plaque, and will freshen your breath.
- Visiting a dentist is important in maintaining good oral health. The dentist will remove tartar from your teeth and will polish the surfaces of your teeth among other things.
Contact us for an appointment
We'd love to hear from you.Contact Us Here!
The Lan-Mart Bldg.
18 Kentucky St., Suite 42
- Tuesday, Wed., Friday 10am - 5pm
- Thursday 10am - 7pm
- Saturday 9am - 3pm
- Sunday - Monday Closed
"Pretty much child whisperers... No other way to explain the magic they do. There are days when my 3 year old son won't sit still for a second, but when we walks in to Lions & Tigers & Hair and he jumps up in the chair, he's mesmerized. It's truly an amazing talent." Millita W., Novato, CA